Check out what our Republican Government has done.
I cut and paste the following list from my friend’s Facebook post today. Take two minutes and read what the individuals who represent “We the People” have accomplish in the first week of the 2017 Congress.
A Washington DC Week in Review:
1. Trump fired all Ambassadors and Special Envoys, ordering them out by inauguration day.
2. House brought back the Holman rule, allowing them to reduce an individual civil service, SES position, or political appointee’s salary to $1, effectively firing them by amendment to any piece of legislation.
3. Senate schedules 6 simultaneous hearings on cabinet nominees and triple-books those hearings with Trump’s first press conference in months and an ACA budget vote, effectively preventing / limiting any concentrated coverage or protest.
4. House GOP expressly forbids the Congressional Budget Office from reporting or tracking ANY costs related to the repeal of the ACA. It could cost trillions – they refuse to be accountable.
5. Trump continues to throw the intelligence community under the bus to protect Putin, despite the growing mountain of evidence that the Russians deliberately interfered in our election.
6. Trump breaks a central campaign promise to make Mexico pay for the wall by asking Congress (in other words, us, the taxpayers) to pay for it.
7. Trump threatens Toyota over a new plant that was never coming to the U.S. nor will take jobs out of the U.S.
8. House passes the REINS act, giving them veto power over any rules enacted by any federal agency or department–for example, FDA or EPA bans a drug or pesticide, Congress can overrule based on lobbyists not science. Don’t like that endangered species designation, Congress kills it.
We need to wake up and take careful notice about what is actually happening in our country. If we don’t agree phone, text, or email your senators and representatives. You also can tweet our President-elect. “We the People” are the government. The people who are in Washington are elected to represent us not to carry out a political agenda. “We the People” need to be vigilant and voice our opinions. The members of both Houses of Congress are placed in Washington, D.C. to serve all the “People.” Your vigilance plus every citizens voice of approval or disapproval is critical to have true representation in Federal Government.